MELAKA, Jan 23 (Bernama) -- Melaka Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam will leave it to the Jasin Umno division to choose three potential candidates for the Merlimau state seat by-election.
He said the short list would be given to him as the state Barisan Nasional (BN) chairman to be submitted soon to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak for a decision.
"Melaka BN has started preparing its machinery for the coming Merlimau by-election," he said after the third session of presentation of the 2010 Melaka state awards and medals at Dewan Seri Negeri in Ayer Keroh, here, today.
Melaka Yang Dipertua Negeri Tun Mohd Khalil Yaakob presented the awards and medals to 306 repients led by Chief Justice of Malaysia Tun Zaki Azmi, who received the Darjah Gemilang Seri Melaka (D.G.S.M) which carries the title of "Datuk Seri".
Naza Group of Companies joint executive chairman Datuk SM Faisal SM Nasimuddin received the Darjah Cemerlang Seri Melaka (D.M.S.M.), which carries the title, "Datuk Wira".
MOHD ALI-MERLIMAU 2 (LAST) MELAKAThe Merlimau state seat is now vacant following the death of its incumbent assemblyman Datuk Mohamad Hidhir Abu Hasaan, 54, from heart attack at the Putra Specialist Hospital last Thursday.
Mohamad Hidhir who was also state Rural Development and Agriculture Committee chairman and Jasin Umno division vice-chief, had been Merlimau assemblyman since 2004.
Asked to comment on lobbying by some individuals to be chosen as candidate for the by-election, Mohd Ali said it was only normal and was not wrong.
He said the criteria would be the candidate should be winnable, hardworking, have a clean record and liked by the people.Asked whether there would be a state executive council reshuffle following Mohamad Hidhir''s demise, Mohd Ali said he had not thought about it as his focus now was on the coming Merlimau by-election
Monday, 10 October 2011
JASIN UMNO TO NAME THREE POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR MERLIMAU BY-ELECTION
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment